We have several projects that we support:
- SPHS Mobile Meals (*) -- we have three two-week periods stretched over a given calendar year. Covid-19 rules slow us down a little bit. Doing it by yourself slows it a little more. Two people pick up the pace. So a typical lunch route can take between 40-60 minutes.
- Adopt-a-Park Florence Park (Prairie du Sac) -- located close to the back side of the High School, we've been taking care of Florence Park for several years now. Among the bits we do are: spring clean up, installed (and now maintain) a rain garden, added a set of exercise equipment, installed a little library and, on occasion, paint everything that doesn't move.
- Fire on the River Kids Area -- also skipped during Covid, this event brings in kids games and bounce houses on the Saturday of Fire on the River-Sauk Prairie's Fourth of July celebration. It's a hopping event.
- Bald Eagle Watching Days (BEWD) Pancake Breakfast -- an event this club has been doing for a very long time (*). We serve breakfast (8-noonish) in the High School Commons on the Saturday of BEWD.
- Kiwanis and Cops and Kids -- our newest project (2021) is focused on partnering with the Sauk Prairie Police Department on a project that gets books into the hands of the children of our community.
- SPPD's Bicycle Safety Program -- When it started, it was bicycle rodeo. We've been pitching in since it started. We feed people!
(*) These events were being done by this Kiwanis Club before the author of this article joined the club--way back in 1999!